by: All SB Members
A MUNICIPAL CODE PURSUING A PUBLIC-PRIVATE PARTNERSHIP (PPP) APPROACH TOWARDS DEVELOPMENT, PROVIDING FOR THE PROCEDURE FOR SELECTING THE PRIVATE SECTOR PROPONENT, ADOPTING A CONTRACT MANAGEMENT FRAMEWORK, AND PROVIDING APPROPRIATIONS AND FOR THE PURPOSES.
CHAPTER 1: BASIC PRINCIPLES AND DEFINITIONS
Sections 1. Short Title – This Ordinance shall be known and cited as the Municipality of Arayat Integrated PPP Code.
Section 2. Declaration of Policy. – (a) it is hereby declared as a policy that the Municipality of Arayat shall advance the public good and general welfare, and promote the interest of the community and the Municipality within the framework of sustainable and integrated development, and effective constructive engagement and meaningful people’s participation in local governance.
(b) PPPs shall be pursued by the Municipality consistent with and in furtherance of the vision and mission of the Municipality which state that;
We envision Arayat to be a world class eco-tourism destination, with an improved and sustainable socio-economic upliftment of the people leading to a peaceful and progressive living condition where agro-industrial, environmental and health conditions are well provided for the resilient, God loving, supportive and vigilant citizenry in the clean, safe and restored community governed by resolute leaders with a participative, consultative and transparent form of governance.
– To adopt an aggressive mode of privatizing the development of Mt. Arayat National Park into a Major Tourism Destination under the National Government Public-Private Partnership Program.
– To provide security and safe conduct for the tourism investors during and after development period of the tourism project. The same protection will be affordable to the various business ventures that will follow suit in the near future.
– To create a conducive business environment for Local and Foreign Investor, to bring in capital and business opportunities that will provide income generation and job creation for the people.
– For the Local Government unit leaders, adopt a leadership by example mode of managing the affairs of Local Government.
– To strengthen our commitment as public servants based on ethical standards and professionalism in the delivery of basic thrusts programs and services.
– To uplift the socio-economic condition of the people through provision of effective services in health, education, housing, agro-industrial, environmental and livelihood programs.