by: Lili Pad
* Applying pressure to an itch is the best way to stop it. The reduced blood flow will cause it to go away
* Putting sugar on a wound or cut will greatly reduce pain and speed up the healing process.
* Missing someone often causes insomnia. The frustration of being without the person keeps you awake at night.
* Before alarm clocks were invented, there was a profession called a knocker-up, which involved going from client to client and tapping on their windows or banging on their doors with long sticks until they were awake. It lasted into the 1920’s.
* Andrew Halliburton, a Scottish child prodigy with an IQ of 145, entered IT university at 16 only to drop out six months later and become a burger flipper at McDonald’s.