by: SB Cheryl M. Lumbang
1. Strengthening the prohibition on discrimination against women.
2. Special protection of children against child abuse and exploitation and discrimination
1. To increase the knowledge on moral values and to lessen the crime against violence on moral turpitude
2. To heighten advocacy work on mainstreaming gender concerns in sectoral development plans, policies and programs
3. To strengthen governmental and non-governmental partnership to maximize effectiveness of the programs and services addressing gender and development concerns
CHAPTER 1. ARTICLE 1. SECTION 2:
STATEMENT OF POLICY
The code formulation is anchored on R.A. No. 9262 “Anti Violence Against Women and Their Children Act of 2004”
– Which emphasizes and preserves the different rights of the individuals or its citizenry
Bees of References
R.A. No. 7192 – The Women in Nation-Building (WIN)
R.A. No. 6725 – An Act Strengthening the Prohibition on Discrimination against Women
R.A. 7877 – The Anti-Sexual Harassment against Women
R.A. 9208 – The Anti-Trafficking in Person of 2003
R.A. 7610 – Special Protection of Children against Child Abuse and exploitation and Discriminations Act
The Local Government Unit adheres to the conviction that it i s only by addressing the specific needs of men, women as well as their children, the elderly, the differently able persons, and the indigenous people, or being gender-positive, that the quality of life is enhanced and fully enjoyed.
Based on this premise, the LGU adopts a policy direction to formulate programs and strategies, among others, that shall.
The Local Government Unit shall heighten advocacy work on mainstreaming gender concerns in sectoral development plans, policies and programs.
The Local Government Unit shall strengthen government and non-government partnership to maximize the effectiveness of the programs and services addressing gender and development concerns.
The Local Government Unit shall sustain commitment to capacity building and women empowerment to increase numbers of women in decision and policy-making posts in the locality.
The Local Government Unit shall provide gender-responsiveness, relief and rehabilitations programs with special focus on the needs of women, senior citizens, children and differently able persons.
The Local Government Unit shall encourage, support and expand the participation of women in the planning implementation, monitoring and evaluation of development programs and projects.
The Local Government Unit shall establish a cooperative or multi-purpose in different organization that will cater to and mitigate the financial as well as economic problems of the members as poverty alleviation strategy.
DEFINITION OF TERMS
VIOLENCE AGAINST WOMEN as defined by R.A. 9262, it refers to any gender-based violence which may result in physical, sexual, psychological suffering or economic abuse. This consists of:
PHYSICAL VIOLENCE are acts that include bodily or physical harm.